Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday time

It's my birthday today.

Traditionally, my birthday has not been an exciting event.  In fact, it's usually been a time of concern.  I think I've been sick somewhere between 5 - 10 of my birthdays, I've been to 3 funerals on my actual birthday, and I've had various friends and family get injured during my birthday.

 I used to call it my birthday curse.

I've gotten over it the last few years, really, but the stigma slightly remains.

This year, I friend HR~ and DDF~ took me out to Umami Burger and to see Moonrise Kingdom.  I ordered the Truffle Burger and thin fries in all its delicious glory.  


I highly recommend both.  The burger was juicy deliciousness with truffle cheese melting.  

The movie combined my happy indie nerd and my proud orch dork together.  Did I sit and bob back and forth while the Playful Pizzicato played?  Perhaps.  Did I immediately notice that the music in the ending credits was a variation on the original Britten theme and was a fugue?  Maybe.  Did I complain about the boring cello part when the instruments were brought in one-by-one with a brief description?  Definitely.  It was one note (G, in case you were wondering).

All in all, however, it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment