Friday, July 6, 2012

Operation GOOGLE

I want to work at Google.

Yes, I have a plan B, C, D, and E, but PLAN A is Google!  Why, you may ask?  Is it because they have a slide in their office....well, maybe a little.  If I ever go, you better BELIEVE I am going down or up that slide.  But that's obviously not WHY I want to work at Google.

It just seems like a place of goodness.  Good + Smart + Creative = Naoko's Happy Place.

I submitted my resume online, did some research, and discovered that the best way to get an interview is to have someone within Google submit your resume.  Too bad everybody I know are teachers and/or musicians, right?  So begins the facebook stalking of trying to find friends of friends who work at Google.  After many failed attempts, I put Operation GOOGLE on hold.

Today, I find out that the daughter of my cousin (I think that makes her my first cousin once removed) knows lots of people who work at Google, EA, Zynga, Facebook...and so Operation GOOGLE has recommenced!

I don't know if this is sad or awesome, but if I was a secretary at Google I'd make $10,000 more than I did this last year teaching.

Not that it's about the money.  Not that ANYTHING I do is about money.  I need enough money to feed myself and give myself shelter, but that's about it.  I wasn't raised with a bunch of stuff, but never really felt deprived of stuff, either.  I had my imagination; that's all I ever really needed.

Well, wish me luck.

I am updating my resume (again) and looking up potential jobs, again.  I initially started this search in May, so a lot of the jobs that were available then are not now.


No comments:

Post a Comment