Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pants for Cellists

It was yet another weekend of open houses, which meant I needed to flee my house for 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.

On Saturday, I spent the 3 hours running errands, going to Target, going grocery shopping, blah blah blah.  Today, I intended to get my tire looked at (the warning light keeps going on, I keep refilling my tire, and the warning light will come back on in a couple weeks).  At the recommendation of a friend, I went to Big O Tires (I asked, "Where can I take my car where they won't try to rip off an Asian young woman?"")

A car endeavor usually entails an hour or two of sitting around time, but when I went I was told that there was a screw in my tire, the tire needed replacing, but since my tires still looked okay I might as well wait since the air isn't hissing out...and that when it became annoying I could come back and they would replace my tires.

Thank you, Brad, the Big O Tire guy.  He even had me pull up front and put air in my tire for me.

I went to Starbucks for the rest of the 3 hours and started a project.  For our last concert, we played Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and it was AWESOME.  I had looked forward to playing that for 2 years and I never got tired of hearing it.  Now that I have time, I have started arranging cello quartets and recording myself playing them.

:)

Yes, I'm that big of a dork.

I got home, printed it out, and promptly began recording and practicing.  It's very high energy music, and I was sweaty and gross by the end.  When I stood up, the entire back side of my shorts were sopping from the sweat (gross, I know).  I remembered how, every time I play an intense concert, I have to strategically stand up to unstick my skirt from myself.

There should be some kind of sweat band for your backside, for all us musicians who get hot and excited on stage.

Just a thought.

Sweat band shorts?

That sounds weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment