Thursday, August 30, 2012

Behind Schedule....

When I was a kid, I couldn't picture myself as an adult.  I guess, in my head, "adult" meant 30, so I came to the natural conclusion that I would die before I was 30.  This is a belief I held on to until the day I turned 30. I was actually surprised.

I kind of feel the same way about closing and moving.

Today was the day I was supposed to close.  The new closing date is officially September 7th, though my real estate agent says the 14th if we're lucky.  And I think we all know by now...I am not lucky (wah wah).  The second appraisal happened on Tuesday, though he has to come back because while I thought I had a carbon monoxide detector, in fact I did not.

On the plus side, I've discovered the joy of brown rice rice cakes.  While my mouth loves all bread, my metabolism does not...but it doesn't mind brown rice rice cakes!  I've made peanut butter and jelly open faced "sandwiches" on them, cheese and egg sandwiches...

In the meantime, I do have an apartment to move to sometime in the month of September.  Yay!  I've been trying to figure out what to downsize and realized that I also have to go buy something for my tv.  I've been having weird dreams about saying good-bye to people; some of whom I haven't seen in person for 10 years...odd.

I want to move.

I just can't picture it actually happening.

Just like turning 30.

(it didn't occur to me that I would be exactly the same at the age of 30...just older)

No comments:

Post a Comment