Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 3 and Day 4

Well.

I am in Oakland partaking of the hospitality of my friend and her boyfriend.

I didn't go into SF today because there was no reason to.  No apartments to see that looked appealing.  I have a main apartment in mind now, so really I'm comparing all new apartments to that one.

The apartment in the lead is the Japantown apartment in Lower Pacific Heights.  The manager has been so responsive, it's in a great neighborhood, it's close to Japantown, it's a mile from downtown, it's by several MUNI lines...it's a reasonable price for SF and comes with parking and has laundry in the building.

I kind of feel like I'm 22 again.  It's strange, going from having a house and a steady career to starting over.  Fortunately for me, I'm not a person who has ever been preoccupied by things or status, so that's cool.  I'm just worried and anxious about 1.) my house 2.) getting a job.

Come on, Google!  :)

I've been gone for 4 days now, and while I love being up here, I am ready to go home.  I just want to sleep in my own bed.  I want to sleep in something wider than 2 1/2 feet.  :)  I want to eat yogurt for breakfast.

Oh, one other thing.  I LOVE the weather here.  LOVE.  While I'm walking down the street, I put out my arms and actually say, "I LOVE THIS WEATHER!"  It's cool and breezy  Perfect weather.  I'm so happy.  I don't want to go back to the 90 degree weather of Southern California.


No comments:

Post a Comment