Friday, August 31, 2012

Hooray! - Break Out the Boxes

I got a phone call around 10:30 this morning.

I was asleep but can't exactly get annoyed for anybody waking me up at 10:30 in the morning.  My awesome real estate agent, V~, called saying my second appraisal had come in at the selling price.  Thank Jebus.

She then let me know that the seller's agent wanted a response by 5:00 today to the list of repairs which included: replacing the water heater, replacing the air conditioning, replacing the drywall in my garage because of mold (of which there is none...I would know, I'm allergic), replacing the combustible flooring in the garage (by combustible that apparently means linoleum, wood, carpet...and I strangely have linoleum tiles in my garage), installing a smoke detector (there are 3...seriously?)....

I just don't understand.  Yeah, the water heater is old, but it heats my water well.  The air conditioning works fine.  Why replace things, especially big things, that don't need replacing?  Seems a little environmentally irresponsible to me, but...I DO live in Orange County and a lot of people don't really care about that here, unfortunately.  They just want new and shiny.

-_-

We went back and forth but the good news is...it's all decided and I'm finally going to close sometime mid-September.

Thank goodness.

Now I get to find some movers, decide on an actual closing date, and start throwing away all my junk (or donating it).  There's already a sock pile happening in my bedroom.  I also have to take my giant media tower and see if I can sell that and buy a skinnier IKEA version.

Progress.

Yay!  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment