Thursday, September 13, 2012

5 More Days... (trashy!)

Finished boxes: 30!

I learned an important lesson today: when you go to Ikea to buy furniture of any kind, take someone with you.  I went to buy a relatively small bookshelf, and it didn't even occur to me to take help.  Finding it downstairs, I looked dubiously at the packaged size and then realized it said 77 pounds.  I have this strange complex where I think I have the strength of a really strong 250 pound man, so I thought to myself...I bet I can pick it up and get it onto the cart.  I lifted the side to test it out and immediately thought nope, not going to happen.  Guess I have to go back later with reinforcements.

Tomorrow is the last trash pick up.  I arranged for my two gross end tables, my broken rolly cart, and a giant bag of trash to be picked up in addition to my regular trash and recycle bins.

In going further into the garage, I discovered yet another laptop.  There are now 4 laptops and one regular computer plus my working laptop sitting in my house right now.  I think it's every computer I've used since teaching.  I kill computers really quickly, as you can tell.  Electronics, in general, tend to die quickly around me, and tend to have a maximum life span of 2 years.  (This laptop just hit the 2 year mark...and now it's suddenly having some severe issues.)

A box of random curtains appeared, some old work/concert clothes from my high school days, my SNES....I know I don't need my Super Nintendo, but I can't throw it away.  I mean, come on!  It might go into my Fresno pile.

And I have 4 or 5 boxes of Christmas and holiday decorations.  What do I do with that?!  I am seriously thinking of renting a small teeny tiny storage area in SF.  Nothing big; the size of a small closet with suffice.

Eugh.  I feel all sticky and gross.  I need to take a nice long hot shower, but I still have make sure I have no more trash.  I threw away almost the entire contents of my refrigerator.  Good-bye year old sweet pickles that I thought were dill pickles until I ate one and got sad.  Good-bye mustard.  Good-bye congealed sun dried tomatoes in oil.  Good-bye all salad dressing ever bought and tons of soy sauce.

What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment