Wednesday, September 12, 2012

6 More Days....

20 finished boxes.

Today, I tackled the garage...kind of.  I realized I have around 4 boxes on holiday decorations and I have no idea what to do with them.  I'm leaving the lights that go around the house, but I have these nice hand made ornaments my mom made years and years ago that she gave to me (because she decided she wanted a nice matching tree with generic ornaments).

I need storage.

I also found my box of bleach, oil, windshield wiper fluid, and other random car things.  Strangely, it had this white crust all over the place...almost like sea salt.  I have no idea how to dispose of this, because I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to just put oil in the garbage can, but everything is covered with this weird white "salt".

My boxes are entering the realm of "throw all the other remaining stuff into boxes" category, where nothing can fill up an entire box by itself, so I have these weird hybrid boxes.  Half extra toiletries (extra cotton pads, toner, my extra contact lenses), half notebooks.

Kitchen stuff finally entered the packing arena, as I started with my big dinner plates.  I never eat off the big dinner plates; I always use the salad plates.  I think calling it "dinner plates" is a little deceiving; are people really eating dinners that big?  The pasta bowls went in and I used tupperware to fill up the rest to provide a bumper.

Random Japanese dishware is next.

I also found a green recycling place that'll actually come to my door and pick up all 8 of my belongings.  Yay!

My house is a mess.  Just a mess.

And I have been watching way too much Bravo.  Flipping Out (I'm a lot more sympathetic to the main person than when I saw it a few times previously), Real Housewives (Orange County, New York, sometimes Atlanta or New Jersey but those are not as familiar to me), Million Dollar Listing, Millionaire Matchmaker...I think I have a problem.  I don't even like these shows, but I keep watching them.

At least real shows will be coming on soon!  I'm excited for any show with the word "New" in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment