Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Moving Day (#1)

I woke up at 6 a.m. to shower, disconnect internet, disconnect cable, load my car, and generally get ready.  The movers were slated to show up between 8 and 10 but "closer to 8", according to numerous people.  8:00 came, I waited, and....I got bored.  Apparently, life without tv or internet = complete and utter boredom for me (at least while everything else is packed into boxes).

So what's a girl to do?

I took out my cello and practiced until the movers came at 9:30.

The guys were fast and great, and it went really smoothly.  After they were gone, I had to go to UPS to send my receivers back to AT&T.

One problem.

The electricity got cut off at 10:00.  My car was still in the garage.  I had no idea how to open my garage without electricity.  I had to look it up on my iPhone, and it ended up being really easy (pull the cord, bend down and pull up the door), but I was worried the door would be super heavy.  It wasn't.  I returned the stuff, came back, swept up, and left.

This whole time I have been waiting for...something.  But every last event has been met with complete indifference.  Leaving my house was the same.  Not happy, not sad....just leaving.

I'm spending today and tomorrow in Fresno with my family.  I showed my mom the weird video of my doppelganger ("That's scary!") and showed her a video I made of myself playing Pirates of the Caribbean.  I quote.

HER - "Send this to your sister!"
ME - "I can't...it's a huge file."
HER - "Oh."
ME - "I guess I could put it on youtube..."
HER - "But she doesn't have youtube!"

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment