Sunday, September 30, 2012

SF Conservatory

After spending yesterday hanging curtains of various kinds, I decided to venture out today to a cello and piano recital given at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.

I walked there, proving my new boots were a good investment as my feet feel fine.  It was a little over a mile away.  It was a lot more crowded than I thought it would be.  It was a 5:00 on a Sunday in a relatively small hall, but I still wasn't expecting it to be that full.  Says something nice about SF, right?

When I walked into the Conservatory, I must have had a "I'm lost" look on my face because someone who works there asked if I knew where I was going.  I said no.  :)  I found a seat on the side so I would get a good look at the cellist and I could watch the movements of the pianist's hands.

There were 3 pieces, all contemporary (which has always been a bit difficult for my ears).  Poulenc, Omid Zoufonoun, and Vladimir God├ír.  Not in that order, though.  It was interesting.  I'm not sure I'd say enjoyable in the traditional sense...it didn't fill me with way Tchaikovsky does, but that's okay.  I suppose thought provoking would be more appropriate.

On my walk back, a homeless person said, "Have a great evening!"  I found that refreshing.  He wasn't asking for anything, hew as just sitting and giving out pleasantries.  That's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment