Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fighting Hermit Tendencies

I finally went to Starbucks.  

It was a farther walk than I was expecting, but the baristas were friendly and I sat reading my box for about an hour.  Drink of choice: soy caramel macchiato.  

I also went to Union Square because there was a Korean festival happening.  But when I got there, there were 12 year old girls "hip hop" dancing  to "Joyful Joyful" from Sister Act 2.  It probably says something about ME that I can identify the Sister Act 2 specific rendition.  The rapping was gone, however, left with just a "hip hop" beat....that wasn't very hip hop.

Losing interest quickly, I walked to the Ferry Building.  In my head, it was just a short walk, but it's actually about a mile away.  By the time I got there, I had taken off my jacket and had pushed up my sweater sleeves as high as they would go.  I walked around a bit, bought a loaf of Pain au Levain from Acme Bread (was shocked at how large a loaf it was), and finally returned home.  I ate two slices of leftover pizza and a good amount of that bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment