Sunday, October 7, 2012

SUTRO BATHS

In an attempt to ignore what I SHOULD do and do what I want to do for once in my life, I've been sleeping as much as I want.  As a result, I woke up at 1:30 this afternoon for the second day in a row.  I figure, this is the last time in my life (until retirement) I will have this opportunity.  I've been sleep deprived since I was 11 (literally) and I could use some sleep.  Waking up at a certain time because I feel like I should do so...I will put that on pause.

A lot is happening in SF this weekend.  There is a music festival, the Giants are playing, the 49ers are playing, and it's Fleet Week...and America's Cup is happening....I've been hearing the very loud swooshing of planes overhead.  That always freaks me out a little, because you always see terrible grainy footage on the news of those kind of things going horribly wrong.

I heard the airplanes while inside Whole Foods.  A woman looked up and said, "It's the sound of war machines!"  I just thought it was amusingly loud...

After grocery shopping, I hopped on the 38 and went all the way to the beach.  It was a long and awkward bus ride where I was standing on the steps into the bus pretty much the whole time.  I would get hit by the doors every time they opened and closed, and the other guy who was standing on the other side of the railing on the steps...he and I had to exit the bus at every stop to let people out, and then get back in.  It was rather amusing.

Once I got to Land's End, I went to explore.  Down the trails to the Sutro Baths, back up to various points, walked around some trails really for an hour and a half.
 
Sutro Baths
At one point, I got a very nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge.  It's my first time actually seeing the bridge since getting here, and it was a pleasant way to view it.

Watched the sun set, walked around a bit more, and finally got back on the 38 to return home.  I got off on the wrong bus stop -_-  Just one too soon.  It was my first time walking around SF at night by myself.  Fortunately, walking around Japantown is perfectly safe, and all the old Japanese ladies politely smile at me and greet me with a nod.

I ended it with a brown rice tortilla quesadilla.  It was really good!  Brown rice tortillas = yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment