Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Sleep Glutton

Being a sleep glutton has taken away my ability to go out and do things.

This is mainly because my schedule right now is to go to sleep around 6 a.m. and wake up around 3 p.m.  When I was in college and would do this during spring break or summer break, I was somehow able to go to sleep and wake up 3 hours later every day, and would go full circle in less than a week.

Being no longer 20, I don't seem to be able to do this anymore.  Well, maybe I could.  Maybe I could try to stay up a little later every day.

It's a little odd to wake up and think, "Oh, I have to take a shower before it's too late to go grocery shopping!"  I've also limited my cello practicing time, since quiet hours start at 10:00 p.m.

I guess it's all part of my weird sleeping disorder.  Fortunately for me, when it comes time to be on a proper schedule, I can do it fairly easily.  My body is both used to not getting enough sleep (I've been sleep deprived since 6th grade) but grateful for the opportunity to sleep and will happily gorge itself if I let it.  I still remember the glorious trip to Japan where I basically slept for 24 hours straight.

I was really sleep deprived in high school.

Since it takes until 4:00 p.m. usually for me to be showered and fed my breakfast, it doesn't leave me a tremendous amount of time to go exploring before the sun goes down.  I have to fix this.  I can't keep sleeping my day away and being up all night.

On another note, I purchased some bluetooth headphones for $40!  They're pretty good, except for the fact that the volume control and track selection are the same button...and the button keeps getting stuck.  I'm realizing how much easier it is to have headphones when you don't have a long cord.  It gets tangled in my hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment