Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What Dreams May Come

I used to have CRAZY ridiculous dreams.

About a year and a half ago, I had a realization.  Not only did I only dream about teaching, but two school years ago I only dreamed about one class.  Normally, I would dream about each class, usually either every day dreams or anxiety dreams.  But two years ago, I only had anxiety dreams that really mirrored real life with one specific class.  It was a very disturbing discovery.

I'm glad to report that my ridiculously strange dreams have finally returned on a regular basis.  Two nights ago, I had a dream where my subconscious created a whole new Harry Potter movie that I played out.  Sometimes I was watching the movie, sometimes I was Hermione.  We were trying to escape school, but not Hogwarts.  Perhaps we were visiting a different school and trying to escape it?

Last night, I had a dream that Ryan Reynolds and I were eating Sees chocolates, discussing the unpleasant chocolates in the box, and then we were flying into space....and then something went wrong.  I can't really remember, but it was exciting at the time.

I had lunch with a former...friend?  I guess he was a friend.  Someone I've known since I was 12.  I don't remember ever really having a conversation with him, but we were in the same orchestras, we traveled to Europe together in a small chamber ensemble, were in the same orchestra at school and outside of school.  I took my second trip out to the Marina, though instead of deli sandwiches we ended up at a Vietnamese restaurant.

I keep forgetting I don't like cilantro.  I keep ordering these Vietnamese sandwiches, bahn mi, and I keep forgetting that it comes with cilantro and jalapenos.  I don't like cilantro, apparently.  And I am a spice wuss. I only ate half my sandwich because I discovered the jalapenos too late and was then scared to eat the rest of my food.  Stupid jalapenos right next to cucumbers.  They looked the same.

Last night I went to sleep at 6 p.m. and woke up at almost 1:00 a.m.  I was disappointed.  I had hoped I would wake up at 3 a.m.  I'm already ready to go to sleep right now but am going to try to at least make it until 6 again.  The good news is that I'm awake during daylight again, so I can go out and do things.


No comments:

Post a Comment