Monday, October 15, 2012

YouTube - My New Hobby

I went to sleep around noon and woke up around 7 p.m.  I'm slowly going to bed and waking up later and later.  I know if I really wanted to, I could do it in one go and stay awake for 30 + hours, but I'm in no rush.

Because I am sleeping during the day, it's limited my activity pretty significantly.  Aside from continuing to be a Zynga game addict and watching Bravo way too much, I started making youtube videos!

I'm really enjoying myself.  It brings together a lot of the activities I enjoy.  I'm taking songs or pieces or soundtrack bits and am turning them into quartets for cello, my main instrument.  I have a strength for dictation; something I've known since my freshman year at UCLA.  I can hear something and write it down a lot faster than most people.

Then, I warm up on my cello, record using my iPhone...and work on the video syncing.  It's really fun!  It takes a lot of time, though, because I have to get everything in one take.  This leaves very little room for mistakes...or forces me to be okay with imperfection.  But it's just for fun, so imperfection is perfectly fine :)

Below is the most recent one.  I amuse myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment