Sunday, November 4, 2012

Books and Coffee

I had a lazy Sunday...following an even lazier Saturday.  Walking down Fillmore, I got lured in to Browser Books.  I love bookstores.  I spend way too much time in them and always end up buying more than I read.  I love buying books.  I love having books.  And now I finally have time to READ these books :)  I read before, of course, but it took SO long to finish anything.  With the exception of Harry Potter.

I ended up with 3 books.  YES, I can buy it cheaper on Amazon, but I like support bookstores, especially local ones.  I've never really had a local bookstore before.

Starbucks can be a controversial choice, but...I have over $200 worth of gift cards and I'm using them!  Again...finally.  Today, I tried .... wait for it ...a salted caramel mocha soy frappucino.  It was delicious.  I love a caramel frappucino to begin with, but this was a whole other level.  The other thing I love is in San Francisco...people say my name right!

It's been YEARS of people not just mispronouncing my name but absolutely butchering it.  And I'm STILL surprised when the Starbucks barista can say my name correctly.  He asked, "How else would you say it??" which made me smile.  Nay-oh-koh, Nye-yoh-koh, No-oko, Noko, Na-ah-ko, Nye-yah-koh, No, Nilico....

There's something strangely comforting being somewhere, after over 30 years, where people can say my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment