Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chamber Music Day

There was a free event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts of chamber music all day (it's still going on right now).  I like chamber music.  I love free.  It's on!

It was a little confusing, because there were multiple performances at the same time in different places, and having never been there I had no idea what was going on.  But I watched a piano trio and a baroque group.  The piano trio performed Mozart.  It was very relaxing and inspired me to practice.  The baroque group was interesting because there was actually a viola da gamba.  The tuning messes me up a little bit, but since I didn't know any of the pieces they performed I was okay.  As far as I was concerned, it was just in Db major :)

In the program, I saw "INSTRUMENT PETTING ZOO" and I got...very excited.  I was hoping there would be crazy instruments I have never gotten to play (world instruments, mostly).  I finally found the place, and when I got there it was....3 violins and a quarter sized cello.

Disappointment!

I so didn't want to play with instruments I already know how to play :(  And own.  And there were mostly just little kids playing the instruments...who already knew how to play.  There was Vivaldi happening.  Some smaller kids were just scratching on the smaller violins and I had to fight the urge to go and help them.

Alas.  No steel drum.

Oh well.  The music was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment