I will admit...as I listened to the final product I said, out loud...in a sing songy voice, "I am so rad!" I think it's the first time I've used "rad" since 1989.
It took me a day to transcribe this, which was a LOT faster than I thought it was going to take. I'm actually quite shocked at how quickly I did it, and seriously....if there were some kind of music transcription job I'd be super awesome at that.
The funniest part is I actually looked up the lyrics for the first time. I have this...tendency to not know the lyrics at all. And when I was little, I didn't know a lot of words so I THOUGHT I knew what the lyrics were....but I actually just made up nonsense. For example, when the real lyrics are, "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me!" my 10 year old thought they were singing, "The algebra has a devil for a sidecar"
What was wrong with me?? :)
I figured the easiest way to keep track of everything was color coding, not only to help people watching but to help myself when I went back through the video.
I was really surprised to find I had hats in every color....except green. The green leprechaun hat is from Old Navy that I bought for $1 and wore to school on the Friday before St. Patrick's day. I caused chaos when I walked by a kindergarten class and they all pointed and shouted, "A leprechaun!!!" I also discovered I have no yellow clothes. I had a big bird costume, but I thought the feathers would get in the way.
I recorded the purple square first, then blue, then started back at the beginning of the rainbow and went in order. I ALWAYS start with the bass part because it lays down the foundation for my intonation. The blue came next because it goes along with the bass line and has a lot of moving rhythms. Lay down the bass and then the metronome part, and that makes everything a lot easier.
Some people have already asked me which was the most difficult. The yellow part was difficult in that...I was wearing a really thick hat and so it was hard to hear through the yarn. My mom made me that hat when I was a baby :) (It must have been HUGE on my baby head) The green part was the most technically difficult because of all the "guitar" runs. The red was hard because of all the skips in the high parts. The orange was my favorite part, and it was a complete coincidence it ended up orange.
Please leave me a comment either on the blog or on youtube to let me know what you think. I actually like this one quite a bit. But I think it's because I like this song so much!