Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving, the countdown

I like countdowns.

I actually started a week ago.  My goal is to lose 5-10 pounds before Thanksgiving...so that I may consume as much food as possible without guilt, and more importantly...without having to buy new pants.

That's really the worst part.  When your pants are tight and you feel constricted.  It's why I wore pajama pants every day my senior year of high school.

Now, herein lies the problem.  Between having surgery and my two preliminary trips to San Francisco to go apartment hunting, I gained 10 pounds.  I didn't really care and figured it would come off as soon as I stopped eating potato chips as a meal (New York Cheddar Kettle Potato Chips, anybody?  Mmmmm...) or mashed potatoes or...bread.  Something about me and bread.  I have a love of bread that's deep and real.  But that love is not returned.  =)

Realistically, I know that I can't lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks without...cutting off my arm.  I was a little slow in realizing when Thanksgiving was, so I really just started last Thursday.  I guess I'll just do what I feel like or can.

There are just times when I want to eat an impressive amount of food.  And I find I'd rather plan ahead than deal with the consequences afterward.  Like tight pants.

---

OACDN (on a completely different note): a lady at the bus stop complimented my hair.  She then asked if it was mine and pulled it.  Should strangers be allowed to pull your hair?  Discuss...

No comments:

Post a Comment