Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

I've gained 2/5 pounds back.  Delicious.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:
- friends who care about me, not what I can do for them
- courage
- kindness
- my house selling well
- mushrooms
- students who miss me
- my cello, George
- Google Drive
- good sneakers
- the freedom to be able to change

It was exactly one year ago today that I got sick, and I spent the next 8 months with a damaged voice. I'm thankful I can speak and sing again.

I didn't go out shopping today.  I just...don't want a pair of jeans that badly.  The parking, the people...just...no.  And Fresno people are MEAN when it comes to parking!  And then knock me over when shopping.  I'm actually SMALL in Fresno!  These big dudes always just bump into me and send me flying.  Not cool, man.  Not cool.

I did, however, give a cello lesson and set up my mom's laptop.  "What do you need me to set up?" I asked.  "I don't know," was her answer.  She also still doesn't understand youtube and wants to send the video itself to people instead of a link.  "They don't HAVE youtube," she keeps trying to tell me.  I also taught her how to close programs in her iPhone, I installed Google Drive on her laptop, desktop, and phone.  I updated her facebook status to talk about how awesome I am.  I put a profile picture on her facebook.

My parents think I'm a technology genius.

My mom also thinks I'm incredibly smart because I can do the sudoku in The Fresno Bee.


No comments:

Post a Comment