Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back in the 'No

Well, I'm in Fresno.

I'm cold.  I'm bored.  I'm watching Sound of Music with the volume off.

I am not an avid watcher of The Office, despite the fact that people frequent tell me I'd like it.  It started with watching SNL last night, and watching Bill Hader start laughing while doing Weekend Update as Stefon.  I didn't understand why he was laughing, so I googled "Sidney Applebaum" which brought me to the top 21 breaks of character on SNL.

I remember how much I loved Jimmy Fallon for always losing it and cracking up during sketches.  The best is Rachel Dratch trying to look like a downer when she was really exploding with laughter.  <wah wah>  From there, I watched the famous Stephen Colbert break on The Daily Show.  Watching a normally dead pan performer laughing uncontrollably is quite delightful.

Of course, that made me think of Stephen Colbert.  Insert hours of watching bloopers from The Office.  Thank you, youtube.   And I now have decided I really like John Krasinski.  I love that he tries to stop himself from laughing/smiling by putting his hands up to his face and smushing his smile.  But I especially love that he goes into this high pitched laugh and makes little squeaks.

This is what I do when visiting my family.  I also spent 12 minutes teaching my mom how to copy and paste a link into email.  I fixed the tv.  I explained cable television to my dad.  Again.  And I wrapped the presents for my family.  We have no boxes in the house, so I used tupperware.

I think outside the box.  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment