Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Conservatory of Flowers

This afternoon, I visited the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park.  I thought the flowers would mostly be outside, for some reason, and it didn't occur to me that the majority of the exhibit would be inside this exotic looking building.



Admittedly, I know nothing about flowers and plants except that I kill them.  I don't mean to, and I have good intentions.

Orchids.  I keep alive orchids.  I have no idea how.

$7 admission (I didn't have any proof that I was a San Francisco resident) and I was able to peruse the many many flowers and plants.  I am proud to say I didn't sneeze ONCE (being allergic to nature and all, this is quite the accomplishment).

Once again, I was (by far) the youngest person walking around.  I guess plants and flowers isn't really a big draw to most people my age?  I have no idea.

A nice older gentleman told me about all his flowers and proceeded to tell me the species of flowers we were looking at.  I had...no idea what he was talking about, but he was nice and I had the intention of being interested despite the fact the Latin names were going in one ear and out the other.

He also showed me pictures of his own flowers at home :)

I can definitely picture my dad doing the same thing, as he loves taking pictures of the same tree over and over again, at different angles, in different weather, with different people.



Below are a bunch of pictures of flowers.  Look or don't.  My mom would appreciate them, though :D Don't bother asking what the flowers are.  I will respond with, "pretty" or "interesting".



















No comments:

Post a Comment