Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's the little things

With the rain pouring down this week, I've left my apartment a total of 3 times....each time to go to the grocery store.  The downside of not eating processed foods is you can't exactly buy produce and expect it to keep for a week.  The mushrooms get slimy.

It was sprinkling when I left my house, and even though I have enough food for today I don't have enough for tomorrow, and it's supposed to super rain tomorrow.  I crossed the street and stopped to listen to a violinist who was practicing.

Walking a bit more, I heard a piano player practicing, and stopped again to listen.  A big part of me wanted to say, "Helllo!!!!!" but I refrained.

Almost to the grocery store, I was startled and said, "Oh!" when something licked my hand.  I looked down, and it was a dog!  I think a golden retriever; I'm not sure though.  I do love dogs.  If I win the lottery, I'm so getting a dog.

When I got home, I was drawn to my window by lights.  I realized that the violinist lived directly across from me, and he was practicing by his lit up Christmas tree...shirtless.  I found that really funny.  The best part?  He seems to be probably a 50+, very skinny older gentleman.  Good for him.

I'm debating whether or not I want to go to an anime party.  If I do, it's going to be the laziest costume ever.  But considering it's raining, it will require 2 bus rides, I don't know anybody, and it starts at 9:00...and It's A Wonderful Life is playing tonight, I probably won't end up going.

I want to be sociable, but I don't want to get rained on.

I will be more social next week.  I will talk to someone besides the workers of Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment