Friday, December 28, 2012

My Journey To Caruthers

I have a friend who lives in Caruthers, which is about 35 minutes away from where my parents live in Fresno.

It is in the middle of nowhere.  NOwhere.  Like...empty dusty land and some...crops of something and one QUIK STOP with a fake airplane going into the gas pumps.

I went to visit my friend Jenny who I have mentioned before.  She is the amazing mom of a 3 year old girl and a 1 1/2 year old special needs baby.  To make her life a little easier, which I am happy to do, I visited her out in Caruthers today.

I am not a baby person.  Most people know this about me.  I don't think babies are particularly adorable (I find puppies WAY cuter), I don't think babies are interesting, and being around babies doesn't make me want one myself.  In fact, oftentimes, it is the opposite.  I like kids once they hit about 2 or 3 and can have a semi-conversation with me, and I can mess with them a little bit.

However, today I played with James, and we had a good time!  Any time I took an object and slowly started attacking his arms...he would watch intently and then burst into a huge smile and wiggle away. We were both entertained.  It was also the first time I saw him smile, so that was nice.  I did this with a toy moose, a fake flower, the state of Montana...each time with great results.

Attack babies with Montana.  They LOVE it.

I was also amused when Josie, the 3 year old, asked to watch "Polka dot polka dot afro circus".  Madagascar 3.  =)

A good day was had by all.

Except I might have gotten sick.

And the 2 cats sensed my disdain and therefore sat on my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment