Monday, December 17, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I feel like it's been raining and/or threatening to rain forever.

I've spent day after day indoors in a definite hermit-like state, afraid to go sloshing outside for fear of becoming sick.  Instead, I watched The Jersey Shore for the first time and mused what would happen if I ever had to interact with any of them, random tv, and Toy Story 3 (also for the first time).

I went to Japantown today, to do some holiday shopping for my mom and dad.  Yes, their gifts will be $1.50 each this year.  I'm going to get other things, too, but the $1.50 gifts are kind of awesome.  I also bought myself a bench scraper for $1.50 and a raincoat for $2 at Ichibankan.  The raincoat is a child's raincoat, but it fits fine....except the sleeves are too short.  That's okay, though.  It'll do for now, and it has a hood!

Nijiya was another stop today, a Japanese market.  My mom had asked me to get something for her, and it took every ounce of self control not to buy my two favorite things: tonkatsu (pork cutlet), and salmon onigiris (rice balls with salmon in the middle).

Maybe later this week, depending on when I leave.

I guess that's it.  Not terribly exciting.  I attempted to make a video but was too halfhearted and not satisfied with the result.  I kind of have the blahs right now, though they are cheerful blahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment