Friday, January 4, 2013

Monterey

I spent the New Year in Monterey.  My mom wanted to flee from the Central Valley this year, and I haven't been to Monterey in a long time!

Can you hear the soothing ocean noises?




My cousin has a membership to the Aquarium, so we all went.  I haven't been in about 3 years, I think?  Almost 3 years.  My friend, a fellow teacher, and I went to the Aquarium coming back from our friend's wedding.  I only had 2 pictures, however, because my camera almost immediately went dead, and my cell quickly followed.  I was glad to have the opportunity to get some more shots in this time!

The funny thing is, when last we went to the aquarium, she and I were eating lunch at the cafe when suddenly there was a figure standing by our table.  "Hi," he said.  It was our student!  We thought it must've been really strange for HIM to look up and see TWO of his teachers eating lunch together hundreds of miles away from home.

True to form, this time, on my way out, I ran into 3 former students.  I think it was a bit surreal for all of us, and it's the first time I've run into anybody since moving.

Below, are some fish.  And...penguins.










No comments:

Post a Comment