Monday, February 18, 2013

Ok, let's go!

I had the BEST dream last night.

It involved me eating a thick, juicy, delicious cheeseburger.  It was one of those life changing cheeseburgers that makes you believe in a higher power.  It was literally the best dream ever, and I awoke satiated yet hungry.

In other news, I've decided that I am ready to find a job.  I was half heartedly looking before with the hopes it would take a month for the hiring process.  Or possibly longer.  But now, I am ready.  I'm raring to go.  Let's go!  Let's go!

Unfortunately, ever since I was little, I was a, "Are we there yet?" child.  Even though I consider myself an inordinately patient person, I hate waiting for things that I want RIGHT NOW.  There is the very distinct possibly that the true reason I work so quickly is that I want to be done.  I want to meet that goal.  I want that satisfaction of checking something off my list.

Now the tricky part.  Getting a job.  Getting an awesome job with awesome people.

I also had a dream that someone from Google emailed me offering me a job, but when I looked at the job I was dismayed to discover I had to be fluent in C++.  I am not, sadly.  I did basic computer programming in elementary, middle, and high school, but never went past that.  Yes, I could make my turtle move and make shapes.

We actually started in 2nd grade; the only school to have a computer lab.  We hadn't learned angles yet, so I kept trying to to order my turtle to move 90 degrees by telling it to move...25 degrees.  I was 7.  It made sense to me.  In my mind, a circle was 100 because 100 is whole.  And if I wanted it to turn a quarter of the way, I would have to make it go 25, right?

Wrong.

The whole class struggled.  Then, my mom, who helped out in 2nd grade, told me a circle was 360.  Upset, I changed my tactic.  What kind of stupid shape is 360??  That makes no sense!  =)  I was an indignant little 7 year old, I guess.  But I did excel in that class after I learned that little tidbit.

Go figure.

360.  Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment