Monday, February 11, 2013

Troublemaker...

Because I'm on another strange sleeping around, I was watching VH1 at 5 this morning (or was it MTV?) while flipping channels and happened across a song I haven't heard before.

Or have I?

As soon as I heard it, I thought two things:
1.) Wow, that guy sounds like Adam Levine (of Maroon 5)
2.) Wow, this sounds...like a Britney Spears song...

I'm not exactly a huge Britney fan.  She became popular when I was in high school/beginning college, and I was kind the anti-Britney.  So as I sat, trying to figure out what it reminded me of, the chorus came and then I realized.  It sounds exactly like Drive Me Crazy.

Being a strange person, I also noticed it was in the same key as Drive Me Crazy.  Did I know what key Drive Me Crazy was in?  No.  But if two songs are in the same key, I'm more likely to get them confused.  It's the same reason why I can't tell any Blink 185 songs apart...they're all in the same key.


In case you were wondering, they're both in c minor.  And even the background rhythms are the same.  Do you hear it, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment