Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last year, I bought this headband from Old Navy for $1 that had a miniature leprechaun hat on it.  At the time, I didn't realize that St. Patrick's Day did NOT land on a weekday.

I wore it on Friday instead, and while walking past a class of kindergarteners, they all started pointing and gasping, and one kid exclaimed, "It's a leprechaun!!!"

I love that it didn't strike them odd that 1.) I was gigantic for a leprechaun, 2.) I was a girl (are there girl leprechauns?  I don't even know...), and 3.) I was Asian.

:)

I like that, in a kindergartener's mind, a leprechaun can be anybody.

Oh yeah, and when I was driving home, still with my headband on, the person in front of me gave me a thumbs up and gestured to his head.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment