Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I always liked Cinderella as a child.  I got the special McDonalds mouse ornaments available in the 80s. Then, in my teenage years, I became anti-Cinderella due to my feminist inclinations.  The backlash had begun, and I bought into it.  I didn't see it again until about a week ago, when it was on tv.  Watching it now, I realize...Cinderella is pretty scrappy!  She rolls her eyes, she makes quips here and there and snaps at people/animals.  She is not, as many would like us to believe, just sitting around waiting for her prince, but rather hoping something will change in her life.

My favorite line in this song is "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."


No comments:

Post a Comment