Monday, July 1, 2013

Google Research Study :)

I was chosen to participate in a research study for Google!

I got a call at the end of last week, and set it up for today.  I was seriously excited.  Last night, trying to sleep was like trying to sleep on Christmas eve or the night before you go to Disneyland.  I kept on waking up to check the time, worried I was going to oversleep.
My GPS and Google Maps said it would take me 44 minutes, but I gave myself twice that to afford for getting lost or something happening.  That ended up being a good idea (it always is!) since my GPS lead me to an empty plot of dirt and said "You have arrived!"  I ended up having to park twice to pull out my email and follow the directions from that, rather than my GPS.  

This is a picture of the corner where you are SUPPOSED to turn right and not go straight.  Stupid GPS.  I also was thoroughly amused that I saw Google bicycles EVERYWHERE.  As I sat at a stop light, one was behind me.  I had to fight the temptation to stick my head out the window and say, "Helloooo!"


There are visitor spots, interview spots, electric car spots...and a valet (with who I quickly spoke, since I parked in an unmarked spot).  I feel weird about valets.  I walked around, trying to find building 43.  I had looked at the route on Google Maps via street view, but I ended up being wrong.  I walked passed the infamous volleyball courts and t-rex.  The t-rex was chomping down some flamingos, apparently.  

Upon finding the lobby, finally, I talked to the nice people at the front desk.  We had a conversation about Nick Jonas and his attempt at singing with the cast of Les Miserables.  You also can't take pictures of the inside, which is too bad because I really really wanted to.  

I can't talk about what I looked at (I feel like an awesome secret spy saying that), but my researcher person was super nice.  I got a badge.  I accidentally stole the clip that they gave me.  Oops.  

When I left, I passed by this.  I have no idea what it is, but can only assume it's a warning to fish.





No comments:

Post a Comment