Sunday, July 28, 2013

Walt Disney Museum

Yesterday, a former work colleague and I (and her mom and her baby) visited the Walt Disney Museum.  I grew up during a time of #1 hits by Disney (you 80s and 90s children know what I'm talking about), so Disney has always had a special place in my heart.


After spending 13 years in Southern California, I also visited Disneyland a number of times.



When you first enter, you see the numerous awards that have been won over the years.  I've never seen an actual Emmy award in person before, so this was pretty cool!  The Oscars were very elegant, too, though my favorite is the big one with all the cute tiny ones beside it.  It's like an Oscar family.



Music was an overarching theme in the museum.  It explained how they synced the music to the cartoon (a bouncing ball kept time!).  Below are Mickey Mouse orchestral players...and a toothbrush holder.  





I had to take a picture of Mickey looking a little overwhelmed by the responsibilities of conducting.  

As if brass players don't mess around enough, here is Donald Duck on the receiving end of a trombone player's hilarity.  

This picture is of a radio.  I took it for all my former bass playing students out there.  

This room reminded me of the interior of Star Tours, if you've ever been.  I was captivated by the glowing orb in the middle of the room. 

And finally, there was a model of Disneyland!  I THINK it's of the original Disneyland, since the people movers are still there and there's no Toon Town.  It feels different when you look at it from up above!  



All in all, it was a fun time.  It's definitely not for kids, though, as there is a lot of reading involved and not a whole lot of hands on activity.
But if you are a Disney fan like I am, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment