Monday, September 30, 2013

Caruther's Fair

It has been a really long time since I've gone to the fair.

When I was a little kid, my school would take yearly field trips to the Fresno Fair, though we had to fill out a worksheet about rocks and gems and didn't get to ride any rides.  My parents took me, too, and together we...bought a set of 1989 Encyclopedia Brittanicas.  Aw yeah. 

I made a trek to the Central Valley to attend my friend's annual Caruther's Fair party, and to get a copy of my social security card.

There were kids everywhere.  I saw a bean mural and got free raisins (hoooray!).  We looked at all the art entries.  I seriously eyed the potato chips on a stick.  I also went on my very first fair ride!  (I HAVE been on carnival rides in Europe, but those don't count.  They also almost killed me and I ended up bruised for a month and bleeding.  No joke.  And carnies laughed at me.)  I sat in a swing and spun in a circle.  It was pretty relaxing, actually, though upon getting off the ride I couldn't walk straight.

I also ended up woozy afterward and had to forgo the fair food.  Bummer!

A great time was had by all, though!  


Next time, I don't think I'll go on any rides and will just gorge myself on fair food.  Funnel cake, here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment