Wednesday, October 16, 2013

(Temporarily) Workin' Gal

I have a job!

Kind of.

I have a temporary job working for what I will affectionately call L-Job!  It's pretty exciting, especially since I already had their app on my phone and played their games before getting the call.

My job consists of emailing people when they have problems/questions/comments.  Customer service...or support?  What's the difference?  I get to work from home most of the time, and when I do go in I get to interact with nice fun people.  ALWAYS appreciated.

A few notables:


1.) I get an HOUR for lunch.  I get to eat it at a table instead of in my moving car.  It's only been two days, but I haven't gotten a stomach ache from trying to stuff food into my stomach at lightening speeds.

2.) I got to work on 10:00 one day and 10:30 another.  Well...okay, I showed up 15 minutes earlier because I'm like that.  Compared to my normal work time of 7:00, it is awesome.

3.) It reminds me of answering parent emails, except people aren't as mean and I don't get as upset.

4.) Some people are definitely rude in how they communicate, which is strangely reassuring to me and concerning at the same time.  It makes me realize that the parents who would email me were not alone in their inconsiderate communication, and it wasn't necessarily me who brought out their rudeness.  That's just how some people communicate, I guess.

5.) I must really stick out when I email customer service people!  I'm super polite, use proper grammar and punctuation, thank them for my time, and leave my name and email in the comment box.  Being on the receiving end, I kind of internally laugh when you are super angry, writing in all caps, and then misspell every other word.  I just can't take you as seriously...and I want to give you a cookie to cheer you up.  It's okay.  It's a game.  It's supposed to be fun!  :)

6.) It's really nice to have no real responsibility.  After 8 years of telling everybody what to do all the time, it's admittedly very nice to just taking care of my business and doing what another person wants me to do.  I know I won't feel that way forever, but it's a very gentle way to ease back into the working world.

7.) I'm secretly waiting to recognize a name/email writing in for help.

8.) I forgot how tired I get while working.  Granted, it's not nearly the same amount of energy as literally jumping around and moving all day, but after a hiatus like mine the effort to leave my house exhausts me :)  I'm going to have to remember to eat more food when I go to work.  I crashed so hard my first day....I think my body was trying to eat its own organs or something.

Tomorrow (or today, really) is my first day of working at home.  I plan to stay in pajamas.  If I had money, I'd invest in a more comfortable chair.  A beanbag chair?  A massage chair?


No comments:

Post a Comment