Thursday, May 1, 2014

Really? We're going to fight about this?

I got a phone call on my cell from a 949 phone number (Orange County).

A man from a mortgage company was calling.

I promptly said, "I don't own a home..."

"I know you don't own a home, but you're thinking of buying a home," he said, very matter of fact.

"No, I'm not," I said.

"Yes, you are," he insisted.  What are you, the Great Carmine?

"Nope.  I used to own a home.  And then I sold it and moved," I informed him.

"Was this recently?"

"Almost two years ago."

"No, that's not true," he said.  Um.  Really?  Because I'm pretty sure it IS true, random man.

"Uh, yes it is."

"No, ma'am.  You called us recently asking about a mortgage."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."  Seriously?  Even if I were in the market for a mortgage, I wouldn't get one with someone who was arguing with me about it.

"I think you have me confused with someone else," I said, trying to be polite.

"No, ma'am.  It's how we got your number.  You're looking to buy a home."

"Nope," I said, simply.

"What do you mean, 'nope'?" he asked angrily.

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is true!"

You're fighting with me about whether or not I'm looking to buy a home??  Yeah, great business strategy there, sir.  "Nope," I said again.  At this point, I was rather bewildered and amused.

He then hung up on me.

In case you were wondering, I was called by (949) 528-6877.  When I looked it up online, there were lists of complaints about tele-marketing.

Heh.

You'd think they'd be slicker, then, instead of having a "Yes you did!" fight with me.

Ah, Orange County....you suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment