Friday, July 11, 2014

Birthday!

It's my birthday today!

I think you should wish me a happy birthday.

I started my new job on the 1st of the month.  It is awesome.  I feel incompetent and stupid every day, even though I know I'm not...which just affirms to me that I'm surrounded by intelligence.  If I'm the stupid one of the group, then the group is pretty dang smart!

It's just the learning curve.  I know it's to be expected.  I know I should be patient with myself.  I know I'd never be as demanding of another person as I am of myself.  But still.  I want to know everything RIGHT NOW and be awesome at everything THE FIRST TIME!  :D

Spoken like a true overachiever with a problem.

It's a great job, though.  I really like it.  It feels like I'm spending my day getting paid to learn a new hobby, which is GREAT.  It's demanding of the skills I have but in the fun challenging way I enjoy.  Besides, if it were way easy on day 1 I doubt I'd enjoy or respect it.

Since I have a July birthday, I grew up not having my birthday in school.  Since I was a teacher, I also...spent my birthdays outside of school.  While this is only my 2nd week, I was excited to have my birthday at a place for once!

Hooray!

I refrained from wearing my cake hat that lights up.  I mean, 2nd week and all.

(That's not the real reason.  I didn't want to take this giant hat on the bus because I carry so much stuff with me already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment