Friday, July 25, 2014

#classicsanfranciscoday

My day started with me waking up without hitting my snooze button.  WHAT?!  Yeah.  That happened.

I was excited, thinking I'd get a slightly earlier start to my day.  I was early enough to take the good bus (the one that doesn't have people who yell at nobody or hit themselves or smell particularly badly).  5 minutes, here it comes.  3 minutes!  1 minute!  Arriving!  20 minutes?  Wait, what??!!

Yeah.

My bus didn't come.

When I looked up to see where my non-good bus, I knew I was too slow to catch it and then it was another long wait for THAT one.

Instead, I waited for the good bus for 20 minutes.  I also decided then would be a good time to download Uber because I have a coupon (I know people...or one guy).  But it was taking forEVER to download and by the time my bus came 20 minutes later it still hadn't downloaded.

I got to the office 30 minutes later than normal rather than my planned 15 minutes earlier.  <<< petulant sulk >>>  Fortunately, startups tend not to have set start and end times, so nobody really cares except me.

After a few hours of work, we took a break to sing Happy Birthday and have....FOUR different kinds of cake!  You know how, when you get a group of people to sing Happy Birthday, it always sounds terrible?

Not at:
1.) A music teacher staff meeting
and
2.) A music startup company

It was pretty awesome to hear a group that large sing that well.

Did I eat a giant slice of cake for lunch?

Perhaps.

I then packed up my stuff and went to job #2.

It was hot.

Not FRESNO hot, but definitely San Francisco hot.  By the time I got to my next job, I was a hot mess.  Literally.  At least I carry around a folding fan for such occasions.

After our meeting, we went upstairs for a party/happy hour.

On my way home, while waiting for the bus, there was a parade of bicyclists.  I got waved at, seeing as how I was the only person on the street waiting for the bus, and there were no other people around.  I saw two naked guys wearing top hats.  Does it count as "naked" if you're wearing a jaunty hat?  All I could think was, 1.) I feel like that must be uncomfortable and 2.) I wouldn't want to be the bicyclist behind these guys.

Good motivation to be at the front of the pack.

I also ran into a friend on the bus on my way home.

I had intentions of exercising, but have decided that it is too hot and I ate and drank too much to exercise.

Ah, San Francisco.  Your days are so odd.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment