Sunday, August 24, 2014

CONTENTCON 014

CONTENT CON!!

What IS ContentCon?

We have a content team at my workplace, and we basically create all of the content for the apps that our company makes.  Most of us are all around Northern California, but we also have a New Yorker and a fellow from Japan.  This week, we all came in and gathered together for the first time.

w00t!

Having been on all types of teams before, from awesome and supportive to distrustful and sabotaging, I appreciate the fact that I love my content team so much.  They are the smart, nice, funny, silly, awesome people I had hoped to find.

Wednesday was basically us working together all day, having dinner (did I have a burger that had chili and a hot dog on it?  Yes, yes I did.  NAILED IT).  I then hung out with the NYer and Japaner who were staying together.

At around 11pm, I conquered a first.

I went to a club.

Being someone who doesn't normally like crowds, loud noises, smoke, heat, or excessive drinking...you can understand why I haven't been to one before.  However, since one of our own was DJing I wanted to try it out and also be supportive.


Here he is!  While I'm still trying to understand electronic music as it is outside of my purview of understanding, it was still exciting and really interesting to watch and listen to him work.  It's also warms my heart whenever I am allowed to see someone in their zone; doing what they love and being willing to share that with others.

Thursday night, we went to the California Academy of Sciences.

I've been there a few times already, and really I was in it for the giant aquarium tunnel and fish wall.  In my excitement, did I run away from the group to go sit at the wall (by the DJ) for 15 minutes?  Yeah, I'm like a little kid - I need a leash.

Here are some jellyfish:



Friday night, we went to a Japanese restaurant/whiskey bar.  We were told we needed to spend at least $50 per person.  Challenge accepted.  I had two yellowtail dishes, since I LOVE yellowtail.  Hamachi sashimi and a shiitake mushroom stuffed with yellowtail.  So.  Good.




I also had a fair amount of whiskey, and was able to sample different ones for the first time.  I'm thankful for my surprisingly high alcohol tolerance.  Considering the rest of my family has half a glass of wine and needs to lie down, I feel like I do a pretty good job at processing alcohol.

Afterward, we went to go see FourTet at...my SECOND club both of the week and in life.  The lights were pretty mesmerizing.



It was funny being out at a club at 1 in the morning with my co-workers, but not in a bad way.  However, after a few nights of having slept very little, the music had more of a hypnotic and sleep inducing effect more than anything.

Saturday was brunch (I won't put pictures of my food), then mini-golf (I sucked the least of our group!  picture below), walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, and dinner.



I like pictures from awkward angles.


I also like putting my arms out when I'm walking in the wind, because it makes me feel like I'm flying.  This picture is not me posing...but rather me not noticing that someone was taking my picture while I imagined myself soaring through the sky.


It was amazing.

I feel so fortunate and have so much gratitude to be working with people who are such awesome people.  It hasn't even been two months yet, but I already feel like I'm a part of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment