Sunday, September 28, 2014

2 Year SF Anniversary

Today marks 2 years since I arrived in San Francisco.

Crazy.

When I think about how much in my life has changed in such a short amount of time, I'm filled with a sense of gratitude and relief.

A friend from Orange County brought up a former colleague - someone who was very negative and actively tried to sabotage other people.  I mean, honestly, people shouldn't be like this in general, but teachers REALLY shouldn't be like this!  (shame shame)

I stopped for a moment and thought, oh my gosh, I have no *******s in my life now!  Everyone in my life is about supporting co-workers and lifting people up instead of keeping them down so they can rise up.  The sad reality is that there were quite a lot of *******s in my former life, and the fact that I have absolutely none right now makes me happy.  I don't take that for granted.

I have made new friends who are my friends because we enjoy each others' company.

I feel recovered.

I feel like Naoko.

On another note, I've been hearing from former students a lot this past month.  I love this.  My favorite part of teaching was interacting with kids, and having some kind of positive impact on their lives.  I love that we can still interact and that I get to still be part of their journey to become whole people.


No comments:

Post a Comment