Sunday, October 12, 2014

David Bazan And The Passengers

Saturday night, I went to The Independent for the first time to watch David Bazan and the Passenger String Quartet.

I've never heard of either, but my friend L~ invited me and who am I to say no to a music date?

I happen to be of the perfectly biased opinion that everything is better with strings.  His music is calming and lyrical, and him + Passenger = layers of harmonic beauty.  I appreciate any music that makes me close my eyes.  If you can get me to do that, you know that I'm either really enjoying the music or I'm confused by something.

Or possibly both.

If you have interest in checking them out, you can listen to them HERE: http://www.davidbazan.com/david-bazan-passenger-string-quartet-album-tour/


Watching/listening to them really made me want to join a band.  As a cellist, that is.  How do I make that happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment