Monday, October 13, 2014

Preparing for Travels

Since I was 18, I have wanted to visit New York.

Since I was 18, I've said to myself, "I'll go when I have extra money," or "I'll go when I have time."  Well, in over a decade, neither of those things have happened.  There was always something to pay off and there was always something to get done.

However.



Now I DO have time!  Despite the fact that I am working 60-70 hours a week, both of my jobs afford me the luxury of:
1.) Working from anywhere I want
2.) Not working if I don't want to

It's really a self-imposed 60-70 hours, as I am a Naoko and don't know how to not work hard.

My friend C~ visited me last week and said, "I'm going to New York!"
"What?!" I exclaimed.  "Why didn't you TELL me?!  I would've gone!"
"Come!"

I bought a ticket that Sunday (or last Sunday) from Orbitz, which was surprisingly affordable.  I stalked the travel cites and ended up with a very reasonable fee.

I'm going to New York, y'alls!!

I will never feel like I have extra money to spend or extra time to "waste", and considering how long I've wanted to do this...I owe it to myself.  In over a decade, I never went on a vacation unless it was for someone's wedding (and that was once) and never really went anywhere until I decided to move to SF.  There just wasn't time or money!

Because this is so last minute, we're not quite sure what's going to happen.

1.) I want to see the open rehearsal for the NY Philharmonic.  I mean, come on.  I'm a cello player.  I HAVE to see the NY Phil!

2.) I am going apple picking.  My friends want to, and I like apples, I guess.

3.) I don't want to go to Times Square.  Unless it is to run a practical errand to procure something that can only be procured in Times Square.  I'm not sure what that would be...

I am open to food suggestions.

GO.


No comments:

Post a Comment