Friday, December 26, 2014

OC Day 5 / SF / the NO

OC DAY 5!

Because I had a few high school and college aged ex-students contact me and say they wanted to get together, I decided to make myself available at Starbucks, should anybody want to come by and say hello.  About 10 people showed up (not bad for short notice via Facebook!) and we chatted for a couple hours.  I have one former student who is graduating college this year, and I'm rather blown away that even though she hasn't been in my class in a very long time, that she'd still want to see me.
All in all, visiting was much like being a grandparent.  You get all the good stuff without any of the responsibilities or downsides.

There was one former student who only had me for one year, as a 4th grader, but ended up meeting me at the airport!  His flight came in about an hour before mine headed out, so he dropped by to say hi.



SF
I flew back to SF with no real problems.  My flight was delayed, but whatever.  That happens flying into or out of SF.

FRESNO
The next day, I drove down to Fresno.

Eugh.  Fresno.

0.64 mbps download speed.  The internet cuts out when there is a phone call.  The upload speed is 0.05 mbps - 0.4 depending on the time of day.  It's making working a little more time consuming.

It's actually not so bad being in Fresno, since I am working while here.  The boredom doesn't really exist, since I have things I need to get done.  Well, not NEED.  But I'd like to get them done.


No comments:

Post a Comment