Thursday, June 11, 2015

Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin'

I'm not sure if I would know who Meghan Trainor is if I didn't work for a music company.

It started with All About That Bass.  It was a divisive song at work.  We agreed that it was almost empowering except that it wasn't and it fell short.  We supported Ms. Trainor's notion of being all about that bass, but were worried that she still sought validation from men about it.

Personally, I just changed the lyrics:
"Because I'm all about that cake, 'bout that cake (no veggies),
I'm all about that cake, 'bout that cake (no veggies).
I'm all about that cake, 'bout that cake (no veggies),
I'm all about that cake, 'bout that cake.

I'm bringing JUNK FOOD BACK....go ahead and tell them skinny b*****s that..."

I like my version better.

Then came Lips Are Movin.  And then Dear Future Husband.  That sealed it.  Meghan Trainor is a feminist icon.  (Can you hear the sarcasm?)

Nobody wanted to do any of these songs for work, so I ended up doing every Meghan Trainor song (because I always blink first) for all of our apps.  A quote I never thought I'd hear anybody say, "So really, Naoko IS Meghan Trainor."  No.  No, I am not.

However, her music IS catchy.  And once you remove Meghan Trainor from it and...like...the words, I think it's quite enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment