Monday, October 5, 2015

The Worst Song

I try to be relatively positive in life.

I consider myself an optimist.

I find joy in small things.

However, I'm sad to say that I have discovered the worst song.  I THOUGHT it was "Party Hard" by Andrew W.K. (it's really really bad).  I've come across a lot of forgettable songs in my line of work.  I've come across some gross ones.  I've come across songs that other people may like but I find very blah (What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber would fall under that category).  I have discovered both the music of and my dislike for Calvin Harris.  I mean...how many times can you do a 16 bar build up of nothing with the same syncopated rhythm that just drops into...the same thing.

Having said this, THIS song is worse.

So so much worse.

Are you ready?



It is Rotten to the Core by The Descendants.




This is the worst song...of music.

I listened to it for two hours.  Because that's part of my job.

We all watched it on my computer with the same look of "oh god no" on our faces.

"I'm supposed to arrange this?" I said.
"I....don't know what to say to you," my boss responded, patting me on the arm apologetically.

Usually, I can find SOMETHING redeeming about almost anything.  I think that's part of why I made a good teacher -> I could see the good even when others did not.

I cannot find the good in this.

It's just...I wish my ears had earlids.

No comments:

Post a Comment